Friday, July 29, 2016

Swim in a Sea of Confusion NO MORE

Taft Beach, just south of Lincoln City, Oregon
The above photo is deceptive.  Anyone who's been to this beach knows that this is an enjoyable and walkable distance out to the rocks and back.  It's easier done when the tide is out, but still doable, just a little wet. 

I think the idea of home schooling looks like the above photo for a lot of Christians.  It invokes thoughts of fear, failure and an impossibility.  However, when you actually step away from the picture in your mind and enter in to the day to day reality, it can be done and is enjoyable. 

My husband and I attended the 2016 OCEAN Homeschool State Convention this year in Portland.  It was the breath of fresh air we needed.  We were reminded of why we set out on this adventure.  Yes, it's hard, but it is good.  Home schooling is good, but hard, as Todd Wilson reminded us.

I attended this conference when I first started home schooling about 12 years ago.  I was completely overwhelmed and had no idea where to start and was amazed at all the curriculum and teaching styles out there....not to mention....People....lots of people. 

However, my conference experience this year was awesome.  My husband and I were encouraged to be a team and work together at this endeavor.  We were given all sorts of tools for our box of home schooling.  It was worth the time, money and effort to get up to Portland for two days of encouragement.  I only wish I could spread it around throughout the year...so we purchased the entire session here:  http://alliancerecordings.com/
Dads, if you've never been, go!  Support your wife and be an encouragement to her and play on the same team. 

Playing on the same team, you say?  Here's some idea's:

Chemistry Class 101 with Daddy in the Kitchen

Yep, He's still got the same sparkle in his eye...19 years and counting!

 
This is a great place to stow away...
 My oldest son had a volunteer to be the weight in his "practice backpacking" venture.  Everyone in the family needs to have a team mentality to win at this adventure in homeschooling.  It's fun, enjoyable, and hard, yes, but worth it! 

GO TEAM HOME SCHOOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment