Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine Message of the Moon

Afternoon Moon in Fairbanks, Alaska between 5:30pm-6:00pm
The moon is still beautiful even when shining above the transfer station, or otherwise known as the "mall" or more truthfully, the dump.  It's just that you can't see all the big green dumpsters just below the trees.  We were driving home from town yesterday watching the moon rising so huge and gloriously magnificent!  We pulled over to snap pictures at the only safe and available place along side the road.  Also, you cannot see several people digging through the dumpsters to salvage usable items;  nor can you see the covered pavilion area.  This is where people place their no longer needed belongings.  Others come along able to squeeze a little usefulness out of the discarded objects for the next few weeks or months or possibly years.  Sometimes when the weather is warmer, people live close by.  Even in the snow, you can see some well worn trails. 

I ask myself, why?  Why would anyone want to live this way under such a magnificent moon?  If I just look at the beauty of the light God placed in the sky and soak in its commanding light, I stand in awe and praise God for his handiwork.  When I lower my eyes to the reality, I am saddened.  Yes, I admit, I've taken a few things home myself from the transfer station, but I don't choose to live there nor do I dig through the trash.  It's a great way to reuse and recycle.

I am hopeful in the power of God to save lives and work wonders in people all over the world who look at the exact same moon.  We are not so different.  We all make choices.  We reap consequences.  Some of us live under governments that care for its people's needs and some of us don't.  Ultimately, God will hold every one responsible for what they've done with their time and resources. 

We can make excuses, we can stretch the truth, we can take snapshots and leave out some interesting information, but all in all, the moon is still the moon.  God is still God.  He is and forever will be all powerful despite the moral mess we've made of our beautiful, free country.

I am saddened, yet hopeful in the power of God's love to reach through time past, present and into eternity in order to save His precious creation and people.  I'm looking forward to the day we all meet him face to face and I'll be so thankful to Him for what He's done for me.  He set me free from my self.  Don't follow your heart anymore, follow the one who made it!  It's hard to follow if you don't know who the Creator is.  You can know, it's Jesus Christ.  How do you know someone who lived over 2000 years ago?  Start trusting Him and try believing what He says in His word, The Bible.  Jesus Christ is the one person who transcends time because he invented it.  No one knows an invention better then the inventor.  How can there possibly be only one way to God?  Ask him, he's the one who invented the system.

How could viewing a moon over the dump be so inspiring? God loves us all enough to allow us to come to Him from any part of the earth and at any time in history and in any miserable condition that we may find ourselves in..... does this not dumbfound anyone else? Amazing love, this Valentine's Day, how can it be?

P.S. If anyone struggles to believe that there is indeed a Creator who created the world and mankind in six literal days, please watch, "Body Of Evidence" produced by Answers in Genesis. It is a 16-part DVD series on the human body.  It is so amazing how intricately woven all our body systems are, not to mention the entire universe!  It would be next to impossible to remain an unbeliever after viewing these DVD's!  Matter of Fact, if anyone wants to even look at one of these DVD's I'll loan you mine.  Actually, you'll have to ask my 12 year old son, they are his because he wants to be a Dr. someday.  I'm sure he will gladly send you one if you but ask!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! We love ANSWERS IN GENESIS over here! I think we own about 20 of their videos and even more of their books! There is no doubt that we have a Creator and I thank Him every day for what He has done for us!

    ReplyDelete