Monday, August 15, 2011

A Little Attitude Goes a Long Ways

School is around the corner.... August 18 is the start day for the Fairbanks area.  I ordered year two curriculum from "My Father's World."  We are excited to think about new books coming and Spanish immersion classes on the computer!  If anyone is interested in what we do in detail when it comes to homeschooling, you'll just have to leave a comment or check out www.mfwbooks.com  It's a great site if you're considering homeschooling or just curious about what we are studying.

I could write a book about all the different ideas we've tried but we've finally settled on "My Father's World."  It's a good balance of unit study, great reading books, a small amount of text book style books, good science, and truthful history.  It also has a strong emphasis on getting the Bible translated into other languages.  It also works well with multi-age families.  Although, I must be truthful and add I have really struggled to fit it all in for the past half of last years school.  I'm sure it has to do with baby dropping one of his naps and my wild and adventurous lifestyle that will not always be so wild and adventurous....

Anyhow, we are looking forward to receiving our big box in the mail.  Until then, we are going to enjoy the rest of our summer because we know Winter is around the corner.  The leaves are already starting to change! 
Upside down laundry basket doubles as a play stove!
All you need is a permanent marker...

Enjoying homemade cookies and an afternoon of quiet play and sunshine...

So what does this post have to do with "A Little Attitude Goes a Long Ways?"  I always remember the teacher telling us over and over again that a little glue goes a long way!  I wish I'd been told more that it's all about a good attitude having the power to defeat most of life's hardships along the way!  Even just a little good attitude begins to change your outlook on life in the most profound way! 

Christians and the world alike control their own attitudes.  It's called self control.  Anyone can have a great attitude when things go their way.  It's when things don't go their way, or things get overwhelming, or negative that the fruit of the Spirit really begins to shine!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your stove!!! It brings back memories of making you one out of cardboard when you were small. Also I made you a big doll out of a yellow wool blanket that had shrunk. I used a big, big dinner plate as a pattern, the body large rectangular, arms & legs thin long rectangular and stuffed it with polyster batting and dryer lint. Also cut a picture of a chain saw out of a paper that covered 2 pages and glued it on cardboard!! You kids loved it! And so did I.

    ReplyDelete